Deeper reach for slack belt grinding, 3/8″ STEEL
Start your home built grinder project off with a rock solid steel backing plate!
- D-shaped backing plate for flat platen assembly, this one with even deeper reach for slack belt grinding.
- This plate is precision cnc cut from 3/8″ hot rolled steel.
- Wheel mounting holes are 1/2-13 precision tapped to ensure that axles are perpendicular to the plate.
- The center mounting hole is 1/2″ diameter, the slots for a flat platen mounting bracket are 1/4″ wide & 6″ apart, the u-shaped adjusting slot accepts a 3/8″ bolt or stud.
- The axle holes are 10.5″ center to center apart; you can easily mount an 8″ long by 2-1/2″ wide flat platen between the wheels for a large grinding surface.
- The rectangular spacer plate is 1/8″ thick, this effectively makes this plate 1/2″ thick through the pivot point & therefore interchangeable with any 1/2″ thick d-plate.
- We include two, 2″ diameter precision glass filled nylon wheels with grade 8 bolt axles, 4 nylon spacers, 2 1/2″ washers & 2 half-nyloc nuts.
- Also available in a different listing with a platen mounting bracket.
- Also available in 1/2″ aluminum.
Please also have a look at our other listings & search OregonBladeMaker on Youtube for some other fun stuff.