Belt Grinder 2×72 wheel set for knife grinders 24mm bore – Glass Filled Nylon LIGHTNING wheels
Wheel set for knife grinders 24mm bore – Glass Filled Nylon LIGHTNING wheels
What You Get
LIGHTNING WHEELS with 24mm bore drive wheel
- A set of:
- Two, 2″ diameter precision glass filled nylon idler wheels with sealed bearings, 2-1/4″ WIDE (CHEAP WHEELS ARE 2″ WIDE).
- One, 3″ diameter precision glass filled nylon tracking wheel with sealed bearings. The tracking wheel is 2-1/4″ wide, 3″ in diameter & CROWNED (no sharp v) to ensure accurate belt tracking.
- One, 5″ diameter precision glass filled nylon drive wheel with aluminum core. The drive wheel is 5″ in diameter for high surface feet per minute belt speed & crowned to ensure accurate belt tracking, slightly dimpled to add extra grip. The face of the drive wheel is 2-1/4″.
- The set screw(included) is 1/4-20 .
Please note that the bore of this drive wheel is 24mm, see our other listings if you require a drive wheel with 7/8″ or 3/4″ or 5/8″ bore.
For DIY style grinders like GIB, EERF, NO WELD etc. Also work well on any professionally manufactured 2×72″ belt grinder. Made with the exact same injection molding technology & material as used on modern automotive engine serpentine belt idler wheels for extreme durability & longevity under very harsh conditions.
- The wheels are 2-1/4″ face width to comfortably accept any commercial 2″ wide grinding belt.
- Bore of the bearings is 1/2″ so you can use any 1/2″ diameter bolt as an axle.
- The bearings are easily replaceable when worn.
We use these wheels on the top quality grinders & flat platens that we manufacture & our design has been thoroughly tested to withstand even the harshest knife making environments!
Please also have a look at our other listings & search OregonBladeMaker on Youtube for some other fun stuff.
Beware of imitators who are turning wheels out of nylon & in some cases even cheap cast resin, those wheels DO NO last, especially the crowns on the tracking & drive wheels are soon worn to a taper by the tough backing found on 2″x72″ knifemaking grinding belts! Our wheels are INJECTION MOLDED & we use GLASS FILLED NYLON (think fiberglass), a seriously tough material. Buy with confidence, we’ve sold thousands of these wheels over the years, they easily outlast even aluminum wheels