Made in AMERICA, the way it should be
2×72″ Belt grinder based on some popular knife making models, this one specifically for professional or well skilled knife, sword, axe or straight razor makers. Arguably the best selling, best quality, best value for money & most popular grinder on the market with an unparalleled range of available high quality accessories. Also have a look at some of our other grinder chassis offerings in our store.
– Accepts any 1.5″x1.5″ tooling arm, the accepted norm for serious knife grinders.
– Included is the solid aluminum tooling arm with flat platen.
– This grinder is designed to accept a very wide variety of motors (the motor is NOT included with this listing, please visit our Ebay store for motor & vfd options).
– Uses any commercially available 2×72″ grinding or sanding belt.
– The tracking wheel is 3″ solid aluminum & is also crowned.
– The two wheels on the flat platen are solid aluminum.
– All the wheels are 2-1/4″ wide to comfortably accommodate 2″ wide belts.
– The chassis is steel & welded for durability, no bolts to rattle loose.
– Belt tension is done with a top quality gas-strut (made in the US), no bouncy spring.
– Durable industrial grade safety yellow powder coat finish.
Search Oregon Blade Maker on Youtube for some videos.
Shop around, we think you’ll find it a great value.
Consider these features that are frequently not available on machines even double the price:
- – Solid cnc-turned aluminum wheels as opposed to cheap hand turned wheels
- – Solid 1/2″ aluminum D-backing plate on flat platen assembly
- – Welded, braced steel platen mounting bracket as opposed to pieces of angle iron
- – Solid 1.5″x 1.5″ aluminum tooling arm as opposed to steel tube (thinner tooling arms found on some inferior machines cannot hold heavier accessories like large contact wheels & they vibrate; larger tooling arms like 1.6″ x 1.6″ are very expensive & almost impossible to find)
- – Rugged steel jig-welded chassis, no bolts holding it together & NOT made with short pieces of flimsy square tubing or off-the shelf grooved extruded aluminum like some so-called knife grinders (extruded grooved aluminum from cut up server racks is the worst choice for a belt grinder, the grit soon wears it out. Some folk paint the aluminum black to hide it, careful).
- – Industrial powder coating on chassis
- – Powder coated steel clamping & tracking knobs with replaceable bolts for durability (some wannabes expect you to use allen wrenches to clamp tooling arms & adjust tracking on poorly designed machines).
- – The chassis accepts 2 tooling arms, many grinders only accept one
- – Works with a variety of motors including Harbor Freight motors (many of our customers use the Harbor Freight 1.5hp compressor duty motor. An unbeatable value considering you’ll be grinding with a professional set up for under $700!)
- – If your motor only spins clockwise, no problem, just mount it on the opposite side (see some Youtube videos).
- – Our system is fully modular & we have a wide variety of cool accessories that you can add to the basic grinder chassis at any stage. Browse our Ebay store for various tool rests, extra tooling arms, rubber wheels, small wheel holders, a surface grinder, a very sturdy table top mounting plate for the grinder & motor or even a complete bench for mounting the grinder & motor. We also have a special 2-speed drive wheel, specifically made for knife makers: it turns full motor speed for stock removal & one quarter motor speed for post heat treat grinding & turning small wheels.
Bolt this belt grinder to a bench, slap on a motor (not included) & drive wheel (not included) & it’s ready
A word about all the aluminum parts, including the wheels: we do not paint, polish or anodize any of these as it basically comes off during usage & finish on these parts is industrial. If you prefer a shiny finish you can use a buff pad & the parts will sparkle.
The machines are in stock in our factory & ship same day or the next, not like most machines which are made to order in someone’s garage with long lead times. Hundreds sold, highly reliable, highly durable, complete satisfaction!
PLEASE NOTE: This machine is for hobby use only, never use in an industrial or commercial environment!
****** The pictures may not reflect minor design improvements that we make from time to time******
Parts ship FedEx signature required