Belt Grinder 2×72″ Complete Chassis With Tilt Feature
Best selling 2×72 Origin Blade Maker belt grinder chassis with 90 degree tilt feature
|Dimensions||30 × 23 × 18 in|
Also have a look at some of our other grinder chassis offerings in our store.
Accepts any 1.5″x1.5″ tooling arm, the accepted norm for serious knife grinders. Included is the solid aluminum tooling arm with flat platten. This grinder is designed to accept a wide variety of motors which have a 56C face & 12″ or shorter in length (the motor is NOT included with this listing, please visit our Ebay store for motor & vfd options). Uses any commercially available 2×72″ grinding or sanding belt. The tracking wheel is 3″ solid aluminum & is also crowned. The two wheels on the flat platten are solid aluminum. All the wheels are 2-1/4″ wide to comfortably accommodate 2″ wide belts. The chassis is steel & welded for durability, no bolts to rattle loose. Belt tensioning is done with a top quality gas-strut (made in the US), no bouncy spring. Durable industrial grade safety yellow powder coat finish.
- – Solid cnc-turned aluminum idler & tracking wheels
- – Solid 1/2″ thick aluminum D-backing plate on flat platen assembly, mounted flush with the tooling arm, the way it should be.
- – Stainless steel covers on tracking & idler wheels
- – Formed guard around the drive wheel to limit sparks flying around & help keep the shop clean
- – Powdercoated steel platen mounting bracket as opposed to pieces of angle iron used by many “manufacturers”
- – 8″ Long by 2″ wide hot rolled steel platen (A2 tool steel & 9″ long platens also available)
- – Solid 1.5″x 1.5″ aluminum tooling arm as opposed to steel tube (thinner tooling arms found on some inferior machines cannot hold heavier accessories like large contact wheels & they vibrate; larger tooling arms like 1.6″ x 1.6″ are very expensive & almost impossible to find)
- – Rugged steel jig-welded chassis, no bolts holding it together & NOT made with short pieces of flimsy square tubing or off-the shelf grooved extruded aluminum like some so-called knife grinders (extruded grooved aluminum from cut up server racks is the worst choice for a belt grinder, the grit soon wears it out. Some folk paint the aluminum black to hide it, careful). Be careful, there’s a one man show who copied our proven slotted-box design, instead of welding he uses bolts: IT DOES NOT WORK, the boxes go out of square after a few months of use due to vibration
- – Industrial powder coating on chassis (yes, most competitors’ machines are either spray painted, which just comes off, or not painted at all).
- – Powder coated steel tracking knob with replaceable bolt for durability (some wannabes expect you to use allen wrenches to clamp tooling arms & adjust tracking on poorly designed machines).
- – The chassis accepts 2 tooling arms, many grinders only accept one
- – Grinder tilts 90 degrees to allow for horizontal grinding
- – Our system is fully modular & we have a wide variety of cool accessories that you can add to the basic grinder chassis at any stage. Browse our store for various tool rests, extra tooling arms, rubber contact wheels, small wheel holders, a surface grinder, a very sturdy table top mounting plate for the grinder & motor or even a complete bench for mounting the grinder & motor.
Please visit our store & look at our wide variety of aluminum & glass filled-nylon drive wheels available. We have high quality 4″, 5″ & 6″ diameter drive wheels with 5/8″, 3/4″ & 7/8″ bores at very competitive pricing. Also look at our motor options. A word about all the aluminum parts, including the wheels: we do not paint, polish or anodize any of these as it basically comes off during usage & finish on these parts is industrial. If you prefer a shiny finish you can use a buff pad & the parts will sparkle.
PLEASE NOTE: This machine is for hobby use only, never use in an industrial or commercial environment!
****** The pictures may not reflect minor design improvements that we make from time to time******